Baby drowned in bath when plastic toy got stuck over the plug hole

A baby girl drowned while playing in the bath with her two older twin brothers.
Sara Moosa, who was 10 months old, drowned at home in just five inches of water.

An inquest at Leicester Town Hall was told their mum was supervising the three children, while the tap was running without the plug in.
One of the brothers asked for his shark toy and the mum went to fetch it, and when she returned Sara was lying on her side in the bath with her face under the water.
It turned out a plastic toy had got stuck over the plug hole, causing the bath to fill up.
Coroner Isobel Thistlethwaite summarised what happened: ‘Sara and her two siblings were in the bath with the water running but no plug in.
‘One sibling requested a toy. The mother returned and she noticed another toy had blocked the plug hole.
‘The two siblings were standing up and Sara was on her side, under the water.’
The family immediately called 999 and a call operator instructed them on how to perform CPR.
A paramedic told the inquest they arrived to find Sara downstairs on the kitchen counter, where her family were attempting to revive her.
The medics took over and brought Sara to an ambulance, before taking her to Leicester Royal Infirmary with her mum.
But Sara could not be saved and she was pronounced dead at the hospital on August 14 last year.
A post mortem examination concluded she died from drowning.
The inquest also heard a statement from the family where they called Sara a ‘smiling and happy’ little girl.
Miss Thistlethwaite recorded a conclusion of accidental death, adding: ‘No concerns were raised by the police following an inspection of the scene.’

About unclemtech

Check Also

Nigeria Will Become Self-sufficient In Fuel Production This July – Akpabio

The Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, has assured Nigerians that the country will become self-sufficient in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *